On September 12 and 19, 2013 the first workshops were held from the Advanced training cycle for Nansen model for integrated education.
This level of trainings is organized for two categories of participants, i.e. the first group of teachers- implementers of the NMIO, whereas the second group is consisted of teachers that come from different municipalities in the R. of Macedonia and that NDC Skopje has decided to stipend.
The Advanced training cycle is attended by the teachers that have successfully completed the Basic training cycle for NMIE. Through the advanced level of training, the teachers will have the opportunity to expand and enrich the information and knowledge for the integrated education concept as a global trend and tendency in education.
The trainings are consisted of 6 thematic areas that will be implemented by NDC Skopje staff and local experts, in addition this training cycle will offer lectures by distinguished professors and experts from Northern Ireland, Norway, Turkey, etc. Their presence will be used to transfer positive examples, experience, achievements, breakthroughs as well as all the challenges faced during the process of promoting the integrated education concept.
The Advanced training cycle is consisted of 6 thematic areas, which represent a combination of lectures, workshops and practical project activity. The training cycle will be implemented during one semester. The topics of the thematic areas are the following:
- Integrated education as an educational trend and tendency
- National curriculum as a precondition for integrated education
- Books/literature for primary and secondary education in the context of the concept for integrated education
- Design of multi – ethnic school environment
- Development of the idea for integrated education in Macedonian social context
- Evaluation of the structural components of the concept of integrated education
The training cycle has the following characteristics:
- Interactive way of working
- Bilingual/ trilingual approach
- Working in small groups
- Group discussion
- Learning through solving problems
- Role play
The training cycle is implemented in the local languages (Macedonian, Albanian and Turkish) by active application of the paraphrasing technique.